Szczecin University of Technology

Szczecin University of Technology (Polish: Politechnika Szczecińska) was one of the biggest universities in Szczecin, Poland.

History

Szczecin University of Technology was established on 1 December 1946 as School of Engineering in Szczecin (Polish: Szkoła Inżynierska w Szczecinie). Initially it included three faculties – Faculty of Electrical Engineering (Polish: Wydział Elektryczny), Faculty of Civil Engineering (Polish: Wydział Inżynierii Lądowej) and Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Polish: Wydział Mechaniczny). In the following academic year, it was expanded with opening of Faculty of Chemical Engineering (Polish: Wydział Chemiczny).

On 1 September 1955 it took over departments of liquidated School of Economics in Szczecin (Polish: Szkoła Ekonomiczna w Szczecinie) and established Faculty of Engineering and Economics of Transport (Polish: Wydział Inżynieryjno-Ekonomiczny Transportu). On 3 September 1955 it was transformed into Technical University of Szczecin.

In 1985 University of Szczecin took over Faculty of Engineering and Economics of Transport.

The University has been existing to 1 January 2009, when in result of fusion with University of Agriculture in Szczecin, was created West Pomeranian University of Technology.

Organization of former University

Faculties

  • Faculty of Chemical Engineering (Polish: Department of Technology and Chemical Engineering )
  • Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture (Polish: Faculty of Civil Engineering and Architecture )
  • Faculty of Computer Science and Information Technology (Polish: Department of Computer Science )
  • Faculty of Electrical Engineering (Polish: Faculty of Electrical Engineering )
  • Faculty of Maritime Technology (Polish: Department of Marine Technology )
  • Faculty of Mechanical Engineering (Polish: Faculty of Mechanical Engineering )